Shelter Wish List
If you’re thinking of bringing in a gift for the animals, here’s a list of their most-asked-for items.
We recognize these items range widely in price. Some you might have at home while others might be a purchase on your next shopping trip. Thank you in advance for donating items to support the animals at WHS!
Urgently Needed Items
- 40 Railroad Ties (replacements for dog walking path)
- Kongs* (toys that provide kennel enrichment for dogs)
- Rawhide chews (various sizes)
- Wet canned food (dog and cat) for young and/or sick animals
- 4 oz canned cat food for Cat Open Paw Program
- Wide popsicle sticks
- Smooth peanut butter
- New or gently used white towels for our Spay/Neuter Clinic
- Kuranda beds for dog kennels (http://www.kuranda.com/shop/donate.asp)
- New or used basket/soccer/kick balls for dog exercise
- Stretch & Scratch for kennel enrichment
- Tall cat trees for shelter suites
- Hot dogs (used as training treats for dogs)
- jars of baby food (meat varieties)
- Squeeze cheese in a can
- Paper towels
- Scrubber sponges
- Long rubber gloves (for doing dishes)
- Ziplock plastic bags (gallon-size)
Cat & Dog Supplies
- Blankets & towels (gently used and clean)
- Easy-walk front-clip harnesses* (volunteers utilize these harnesses for daily dog walking)
- Kitten/Puppy microwave heating pads by Snuggle Safe (available on our Amazon.com Wishlist))
- Toys* (chew toys, rope toys, food puzzles)
- Treats* (small, for training)
- Washable cat toys*
- Small mechanical food scales for our kitten foster program (available on our Amazon.com Wishlist)
- Digital pediatric scale
- Flea treatments (Frontline, Advantage, Revolution)*
- Dog clippers (high quality for shaving)
- PC Computers with a minimum of 2 GB RAM, 1ghz processor, and an SATA hard-drive.
- Computer Monitors
- Copy paper (white & colors)
- Picnic table
- Flat Screen TV (for our Education Hall; 46” or larger)
- Gently used matching conference chairs (10-12)
- Armless stacking chairs for our Education Hall (multiples)
- Lighted Counter-top Showcase for Davenport’s Den
- Compact upright vacuum cleaner with good pet hair suction (2 needed)+
- Freestanding shelving unit(s) (3’ to 6’ wide) any material
*Available in Davenport’s Den, the pet supply store located inside the Willamette Humane Society.
Can’t make it to Davenport’s Den?
Use our Amazon.com Wishlist to support animals in need!